Congratulations you have been offered a provisional place on to the

Crossfields Institute Level 3 Diploma in Mindfulness for People with their Animals: Trust Technique Practitioner, subject to the following:

  • Please take the time to read through the Learner Handbook, other documents and policies in the Policy Folder.

Simply click the file to open it or right click to preview in a new tab. You will find the policies inside the Policy Folder.
You can download these if you wish however they will also be found within your learners area, once your access to the Level 3 Diploma has been granted.

  • Then complete the online form below- the Statement of Understanding.

Please fill out the form below using the same email you applied with.

This is a Statement of Understanding, to confirm that you have read and understood the information, policies and procedures found in the Learner Handbook and agree to the Trust Technique Terms & Conditions

Please fill out the form:

"*" indicates required fields

Use the same email you signed up with.
Upload Your Identification*
Please upload an image of your passport or driving licence. Please make sure the file size is under 5MB.
I confirm that I have read, understood and agree to adhere to The Trust Technique® Centre’s; information, policies and procedures; as detailed in The Learner Handbook and agree to the Trust Technique Terms & Conditions
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Questions & Answers

Click on the questions below to see the answers:

How long does the qualification take?

The qualification was graded by Ofqual as a Level 3 diploma- the duration of the qualification is a 2 year, part-time study, however, there is an extension policy if a learner requires.

Why are there 2 animal categories?

The Trust Technique works with all animals. We have created 2 categories based on the learners animal experience. The domestic animal is those that are living in a home, for example, dogs cats rabbits etc.. Large animals include horses, farm animals and captive animals.

For assessment purposes, working with dogs for domestic and horses for large animals. Mainly because they can be worked with on leads and halters, demonstrating this gives us the confidence that the Practitioner will be able to work with animals that do not need the lead or halter.

We do require that all learners have experience with each category that they will be working with. Horse experience for large animals and dog experience with domestic.

What if I wanted to add an animal category at a later date?

There are 2 ways that you can add the extra category to your qualification.

1 After completing one category we will be happy to extend your time to complete the second category (if you have the correct experience) After completion then we can qualify you for both categories. There is a £500 fee for the second category

2 Qualify for one category and then re-enter the content to complete the second category. This means that you have already been qualified for one and then you re-enter the qualification to complete the second category. This method means that you will be registering a second time and this requires a second application fee and course fee. This option would be for someone who may not have had the necessary experience for the second category when they first applied. Yet since that time now have the experience necessary for the second category. This will require a full re-registration including the fee plus the full course.

What assessments are required?

There are:

6x small A4 essays to complete

5 x books on our required reading list. These are books chosen that support the Trust Technique methodology and bring extra insights to the learner experience

1x 20 min video presentation describing the Trust Technique

6 x sessions for 4 animals in each category. If completing both categories then this is 48 sessions 24 with dogs and 24 with horses. These are Gaining your own experience and are sessions with other peoples animals (not teaching the owner)

10 x consultations for each category. If completing both categories then this would be 20 sessions 10 with dogs and 10 with horses. At this point, learners are working with both the human and the animal. We require the best sessions to be videoed and submitted to us as the final assessment.

What camera do you recommend for the videoing of assessments?

Learners will need to video their consultations with the client and their animal. The camera will need to be able to record for over 1.5 hours, have good visual and audio.

We recommend Go Pro sessions and a chest strap, this allows the learner to wear the camera so that we can see the session from the learner’s view.

Having a good quality camera can really enhance your practice as you will also be able to take videos of those gentle touching moments and can be used for promotion of your practice.

Do assessments need to be done in English?
Yes, assessments do need to be in English. If the learner is in a country that does not speak English, please find clients that can converse in English. Otherwise, the videos will need to be subtitled which would be a lengthy process for the learner. We are very excited about having bilingual learners as the opportunity for them is huge! It may be harder for assessments but after qualification, it means that the Trust Technique can be delivered to a larger audience.
Are you planning on doing more qualifications?
Yes, we are looking at the next level of qualification is one of a coach. This will be exploring the rehabilitation of both animals and people, combined healing. There is a great need for this level of healing worldwide. We will be looking at qualified practitioners who are ready and willing to take the Trust technique to this next level.
Is this qualification recognised internationally?
This level 3 diploma is regulated by Ofqual, which is one of the leading qualification authorities in the UK. The UK has a well-deserved reputation worldwide for providing high quality and well-respected higher education. The growth of the internet has enabled UK institutions to make information on their courses available to a global audience. This growth and the need for more flexible provision, opening higher education up to a wider group of people means that many universities and colleges now offer their degrees through distance learning.
Can I get insurance in my country?

We have our own block scheme for any learners that are within Europe. We also have the membership for international insurance.

Do you do a payment plan?

Yes we do and this option will be sent to you after this registration.

Can I get a Refund?

As a regulated qualification. There are no refunds offered for this Diploma outside of the 14 Day Consumer T&C’s.